Sunday 28 February 2016

DIY washi tape

Hey guys!
As you all know, if you have been looking at this blog for some time, I like washi tape. And by like I mean that I have over 40 rolls, and it has overgrown it's original holder, so now it fills up an entire shoebox. Anyways, the only problem with my passion for washi is that it can cost so darn much. I mean, after a quick search I found that paperchase sells it for £3 each, and the official UK mt supplier for £2.75. This means to save money I go to some of the cheaper high street chains- for example, if you saw my insta post, you can see that I got 4 rolls of tape for €2 at Alehop in Spain. And though this tape is still pretty, it's just not as good quality unfortunately. So, trying to seek the resolution to all my washi filled problems, I decided to try my hand at making some of my own tape. And, though it does not have quite the same consistency(can I describe washi tape as that?), it is still pretty good.
















You will need:
- some double sided sticky tape
- nice paper
- an empty kitchen/toilet paper roll
-scissors
- a twist tie, or some string and a bead
Here are all the things you need


Steps:
1) Get your piece of paper, and place a strip of tape over one side. For some of my papers, I photocopied them as there was only a small piece, so I would have enough to make more tape.

2) Then, cut along the edge of the tape, so you have a nice long piece of tape covered in paper.


3) If you don't have a twist at this point, quickly fashion a similar item from a bead and some about 9cm string. I simply put the bead on the string, then tied the two ends together.

4) Then, cut a piece wide enough to put your tape on from the bottom of your roll. Wrap your tape around it, and secure with the twist tie/pull your bead through, then put the other end of the thread over the bead.

By Annie






1 comment:

  1. I like your patterns! Do you peel off one side of the tape in step 1?

    ReplyDelete